Saturday, February 6, 2016

Balloon Day!

Today was the day that Craig was sponsored to go up in the hot air balloon by St. Croix Electric. The day started off early with me picking up Craig at 6:10 AM. We were to the Hudson House by the designated 6:30 AM time and sadly found out that the winds were way to high to go up. Craig was disappointed by this news so I agreed that we should all go on a balloon ride as a family this summer. He likes that idea and we are planning on doing that. And agreed to meet back at 2:15 PM.

At 2:15 we arrived at the Hudson House again and sadly found out it was even more windy then before. Craig took this news well and we agreed to accompany Nancy to pass out fliers at the Hudson Hot Air  Affair grounds. We passed out fliers for about a half hour before my dad started to look really tired. He stated he was ready to go and I brought him home.

While we were waiting for Nancy to meet us we did see some cool things and I snapped this awesome picture of my dad with an ice sculpture.

 I would also encourage anyone with an elderly parent or a family member with dementia to check out First Call by St. Croix Electric. I wish I had known about this before I got my dad into assisted living.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Emily, for your kind words and sharing information about FirstCall Medical Monitoring. We were sad you & your dad weren't able to fly this weekend, but love these pictures from the parade! Nancy Abrahamson will be visiting St. Croix Electric Cooperative later this month to train our employees as part of her Dementia-Friendly Business initiative. We wish you & your dad all the best in your work to help spread the word about dementia.

    ReplyDelete