Friday, February 5, 2016

Parade day!

Tomorrow is the big day that we go up in a hot air balloon and today was the parade. I remember going to the parade for the Hot Air Fair as a child and remembered how cool it was to have glow sticks. Seeing as I have found out how great the dollar store is for having parties and showers at my home, I thought I would check it out for glow sticks and I found quite the abundance of options. I ended up getting my dad a "fire fighter ax" glow stick and I got a princess wand for myself (pink!). I also found some awesome necklaces. If you are ever having a party and need glow sticks the dollar store is the way to go! 

After work today I headed to happy hour at Red Cedar which was wonderful as always. I had time to to run to the dollar store and to Target then headed back to pick my dad up. At 6:30 we showed up at the fire station and everything was all ready to go. I got our glow sticks ready and we were off to the night-time parade! We rode in a fire truck with a wonderful banner on it that talked about dementia. One of the fire fighters drove and when we got to the announcer booth the announcer gave the most wonderful recognition to my father. He mentioned my dads years of service to the Hudson Fire Department and talked about his dementia. It was very moving. As we got to the end of the parade I noticed a little girl who looked cold and tired. I hopped out and gave her my princess wand. She was so happy! 

After the parade I dropped my dad off and now am getting ready for bed. Tomorrow is the big day and we have to be at the pick up location at 6:30 AM. 

I will update about the balloon ride tomorrow afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment